Aries Catalytic Carbon Cartridges contain Calgon Centaur™ Carbon, a specially enhanced carbon developed through an advanced process that modifies the surface of Granular Activated Carbon (GAC). By altering the electron structure of GAC and enhancing its catalytic capability, it can cause chemical reactions without changing its structure. As a result, it promotes a wide range of chemical reactions to remove chloramines and hydrogen sulfide where conventional carbons are not effective.
Whereas traditional activated carbon filtration removes very small amounts of hydrogen sulfide and has a limited capacity to adsorb hydrogen sulfide, Catalytic Carbon is more efficient at removing hydrogen sulfide due to its unique structure.
Catalytic Carbon also excels at removing chloramines, which are used to control bacterial growth in distribution systems and reduce the formation of trihalomethanes (THMs). Recent concerns over chloramines and its by-products in the water supply have water professionals turning to Catalytic Carbon.
Key Features of Aries Catalytic Carbon Cartridges
- Calgon Centaur™ Catalytic Carbon cartridges achieve greater degrees of contaminant removal at reduced cost
- Removes Chloramines and Hydrogen Sulfide
- Reduces reliance on additional chemical treatment
- Fits standard residential and industrial size housings. AF Series cartridges are double-open end cartridges that fit standard residential and industrial housings.
- Oversized Cartridges for maximum media fill. AF Series cartridges have up to 50% higher capacity and extended life, due to the use of larger cartridges.
- Made in the USA! Cartridges are produced by Aries FilterWorks, a division of ResinTech®. Strict quality control over all aspects of cartridge and media production allows complete traceability of every filter.
Applications for Aries Catalytic Carbon Cartridges
Residential Drinking Water Chloramines Removal
Chloramines are the result of standard chlorinating procedures. Sometimes they are intentionally introduced by municipal water treatment plants. Catalytic Carbon results in significantly improved water treatment compared to traditional activated carbon.
Treatment of Private Wells
Catalytic Carbon effectively treats “sulfur water” in private wells. It retains all of the adsorptive properties of conventional activated carbon, but with the added ability to promote or catalyze chemical reactions during the treatment process. First, catalytic Carbon adsorbs sulfides onto the carbon surface. Then, in the presence of dissolved oxygen, it oxidizes the sulfides and converts them to non-objectionable compounds.
Commercial Water Treatment
Catalytic Carbon cartridges are well suited for treating process water. They are ideally suited to the bottling and soft drink industries, as well as aquarium treatment.